This is likely to be your biggest investment – why take a risk?
Why do I need a survey?
- Reassurance that the agreed price is reasonable
- Full awareness of repair and maintenance liabilities
- Confirm or dispel any concerns with regards to future saleability etc
- Clarification on proposed alterations/improvements
- Avoidance of costly surprises
- Highlight legal matters which must be considered
Adamsons Barton Kendal are Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and carry out all types of valuations and surveys for Banks, Building Societies, and private individuals, for a variety of purposes. We are leading Chartered Surveyors within the Town with considerable local knowledge and experience, and guarantee a prompt and complete professional service at competitive prices.
Types of survey offered by Adamsons Barton Kendal
The report provides the client with a Market Value of the property together with a brief description of the condition, location, and factors which may affect future saleability. Ideally suited for the following:
- Properties under 10 years old
- Inheritance tax valuations
- Matrimonial valuations
- General disputes
RICS Homebuyers Report
This report provides a more in depth inspection and valuation following the guidance of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and is ideally suited for conventional properties built within the last 150 years.
The report contains details of:
- The general construction and condition of the property
- Any major faults that may affect value
- Any urgent repairs which are considered necessary prior to making a commitment to purchase
- Any items that may require further investigation by reputable contractors
- Clarification of any structural issues which may require further investigation
- Tests for dampness and timber defects, including woodworm and dry rot
- Comprehensive inspection of the roof structure
- Clarification of any potential legal issues
- Potential future maintenance liabilities
- Views on future saleability
- We will provide an estimated Re-building Cost of the property for reinstatement purposes – required for Building Insurance Purposes
- The market value of the property
Adamsons Barton Kendal are more than happy to discuss any matters contained within the report which may be of particular concern to the client following the inspection.
To obtain a quotation on either a valuation or survey of the property please fill out the following form or ring the office on 01706 653214
Head Office - 122 Yorkshire Street
Tel : (01706) 653214
Middleton Office – 13 Long Street
Tel : (0161) 643 0777